Tuesday, February 17, 2009

KCACTF Region VII in Idaho


So, this week I am in Idaho. Yes, warm, sunny Idaho, for the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF) Region VII. We Irene Ryan nominees competed in the preliminary round on Monday morning. Thirty-two nominees were chosen too move on and compete tomorrow out of the original one-hundred and fifty. I was chosen along with three of my classmates, Brittney Harris, Regina Galbick, and Philip Orazio, to continue competing tomorrow. It's very exciting! Last year I made it to the final round in which only sixteen actors compete, and I ended up winning the Mark Twain Comedy in Acting Award. It was so much fun, I hope that I am lucky enough to make it to finals again this year, but whatever happens, I'm sure with so many University of Portland students competing in the semi-finals, we're bound to have a few move on.
Another perk from this trip has been the opportunity to meet again with the Actor's Theatre of Louisville. I've scheduled an audition with them for their apprentice program on Thursday afternoon which I am really excited about.
One of the cool things about the KCACTF festival is getting to see the full productions other colleges that have been chosen over the last year to perform at the festival. In 2007 the University of Portland was chosen to bring our production of Getting Out. I played Arlie, and it was such a thrilling experience to do a show at the festival that I have been in admiration and envy of those who have been chosen in the last couple years. Last night we watched the University of Idaho's production of Tartuffe. It was very colorful and light-hearted, and I loved finally having the chance to see a production of a show I've had to read so often for classes. Way to go UofI!

1 comment:

girl in search of ananda said...

Congrats on getting making it to semi's! Excited to hear all about it soon. Break a leg tomorrow!!!