Saturday, February 14, 2009

Company by BrunDog


Last night I was at the final preview performance of BrunDog Productions (in association with JANE a Theatre Company) production of Company. Seeing musicals is a rare treat for me, and I have never seen another production of Company. So I welcomed the opportunity learn. It was entertaining, although, having gone with a group of my peers, I got the sense that we may not be at the stage of our lives, being twenty-something college students in Oregon, to really appreciate a plot that revolves around a desperate thirty-something guy's struggle to escape the pressure of his married friends in New York City. Despite the age gap, there was one number that I really enjoyed. Kelly Stewart did a great job as Amy. Her song, "Not Getting Married" went splendidly. Company just opened tonight and it runs for three weeks!

No comments: