Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Don Quixote at OSF


It's been a couple weeks since I have blogged, and I am excusing that behavior by saying that after JAW I needed a little relaxation. Believe me, though, I am still buzzing with the joy of that experience.
Anyway, the break is over and I am back where I should be, recalling my most recent theatre encounter behind the safety of my little white Mac. My most recent theatre encounter, by the way, was Don Quixote a la Oregon Shakespeare Festival. As I am down here in Southern Oregon visiting my parents, I felt it would be a shame not to dedicate one evening to the theatre.
And what an evening it was! The show is really fun! One of my favorite elements was the multi-media. Specifically the puppets! I really enjoyed seeing the horses, donkeys, sheep, geese, owls, vultures and doves come to life! The design element of using so many found objects to create the props was also really cool. I was fond of the usage of bicycle parts and potato bags among other things. It was so fun and funny. I really enjoyed watching Josiah Phillips as Sancho Panza. It was a great way to come out of hiding and go back to the theatre.

No comments: