Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fresh Northwest at RTR



This month at Readers Theatre Repertory (RTR) is a celebration of new works by local playwrights, a celebration they call "Fresh Northwest." The plays read were Pete and Petey by Gary Rogowski and Little Vixens by Dalene Young. Pete and Petey is a dark comedy that takes place between two men sharing a bed platonically in the middle of the night. I was very fond of this show. It's been a while since I've laughed so hard. Jonah Weston and Andy Lee-Hillstrom make a hillarious pair. Little Vixens took a more sentimental turn as it is an exploration of a small group of female friends growing together from budding teens, through college, marriage and children, old age and even death. I was especially happy with Ana Reislman's performance. The show is happening tonight, too! I cannot stress enough how important I feel it is to support new works, and I thank RTR for their contribution!

No comments: