Saturday, January 3, 2009

Slava

I just began my second time training with Vyacheslav Dolgachev at the University of Portland. Vyacheslav, or Slava as we American students call him, directed Chekhov's The Seagull off Broadway at The Classic Stage Company in New York last March. In addition to being a successful director, Slava is a professor of acting who has instructed many students in Moscow and New York.
His workshops at the University of Portland consist of several days of exercises which build in intensity with each class period, and a look at how Chekhov's work is produced on stage through working on some of Chekhov's short stories.
This is my second workshop with Vyacheslav, and I am so happy to have the opportunity to train with such an experienced theatre artist. I am so grateful to have the chance to grow as an actor.

No comments: