Saturday, January 24, 2009

Biloxi Blues at Profile


On Thursday night I was at Theatre! Theatre! watching Profile Theatre's production of Biloxi Blues. It was a very enjoyable experience. I was only slightly familiar with the play coming into the production, so I was surprised and elated by the plot. It really is a charming play. It's so funny, yet undoubtedly raw in parts.
I went specifically because Jonah Weston was playing the role of Roy Selridge. Jonah and I have worked together at Readers Theatre Repertory (RTR) in the past, and he was kind enough to make it to my capstone production of Eleemosynary. I have enjoyed seeing his work in the past, and he certainly did not disappoint on Thursday. As tough a character as Roy Selridge is, he brought something very endeering to the role. I was also impressed with the other members of the cast. I particularly enjoyed Alec Wilson as Eugene Morris Jerome. Alec may not remember me, but he's a friend of a friend, and I remember watching him all the way back when he was The Chairman at WOU's production of The Mystery of Edwin Drood. I also found Matthew Sa's performance as Arnold Epstein awfully enjoyable. I most enjoyed his scene when he had to deal with his drunken Sergeant, (Todd Hermanson). The two of them worked very nicely together at that point in the play. Matthew, by the way, was one of the apprentice actors at Actor's Theatre of Louisville. Way to go!
So, it was a great night at the theatre. Thank you, and congratulations to the cast, crew, director Pat Patton, and Profile Theatre. This play is part of Profile's Neil Simon season, please check out the shows coming up!

1 comment:

mb said...

Analytics in blogspot is not that much of a bitch. Srsly.

:-)