Friday, October 17, 2008

End of the Season Visit to OSF

I grew up in Southern Oregon, and while the hick town I was actually raised in is a source of embarrassment for me, I take great pride in telling people I lived near Ashland, Oregon, the home of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival(OSF). Typically I blame OSF making me into the theatre enthusiast/practitioner I've grown up to be. I tell people I am entirely the product of being exposed to too much Shakespeare at a young age.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see much this season because I spent the entire summer in New York, but last Tuesday, while home visiting my parents I made a trip to OSF. I saw The Clay Cart, a very funny show and extremely well done considering that the script was written 2,000 years ago. It is interesting that even back then themes of common man's triumph over tyrannical government were being explored.
A friend of mine went to see their production of Coriolanus and said it was the best show he'd seen at Oregon Shakespeare Festival ever, a huge compliment considering the number of productions he has seen there.
For more information visit http://www.osfashland.org, and hurry, the season is ending soon!

No comments: