Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cape Cod Journal 07: The Dining Room

We've had two performances of The Dining Room so far, and will continue to play through the rest of the week. It's been lovely to see that the Monomoy crowd turns out for smaller shows just as much as they do for musicals. Being onstage with this piece has been a lovely experience so far. It is captivating in it's episodic nature, and the audience always seems to be right with us. I have to admit, I'll be very sad to see it close. I'm so proud of the all our accomplishments, and our director, Rich Cole, was an absolute joy to work with. We'll have to say goodbye to him soon as he's heading back to New York.
The reviews are around today, and I thought The Cape Cod Times captured the nature of the show quite nicely in theirs.
As true Monomoy Theatre fashion would have it, we had hardly begun dress rehearsals for The Dining Room before several of us were thrown into rehearsals of Noël Coward's Blithe Spirit, in which I am playing Elvira, the blithe spirit of Blithe Spirit. I'm really having a grand time rehearsing this part. She's such a vibrant, deviant, wildly funny, and wildly dangerous little ghost.
Well, I'd best be off. We began the morning with a rather strenuous, but productive and fun Blithe Spirit rehearsal, and now it's on to both a matinee and an evening performance of The Dining Room!

No comments: