Sunday, April 25, 2010

Heather Does not Go to the Theatre

I feel already that the title of this post is misleading as every day I do go to the theatre. In fact, I tend to spend all day long at the theatre. The lengthy list of things to do never seems to end; acting class, voice class, movement class, seminar, teach acting, rehearsal for Olympic Village, see a show, read a show, discuss a show, it never ends. So this morning, as I have nothing theatre oriented to do until 4:30, I just took off. It's a beautiful sunny day, and I just drove off in my old pickup truck into rural Ohio. Out past where my cellphone worked, past Stroud's Run, to a tiny, tiny town called Amesville, Ohio that is quite literally nothing but a church, a bank, and a pizzeria. I stopped there, on the fringe of Amesville and hiked my way up a country road. There were butterflies aplenty, the sounds of woodpeckers in the trees, Redwing Blackbirds flitting in and out of the grass stopping only when hawks would pass, and a pair of haggard looking nags lazily grazing by a pond. Rest assured that while I miss Oregon, and I can't wait to get to New York City, the beauty of this middle-American state is not lost on me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are such lovely pictures. Sounds like a really fun little day trip :)