Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back

After such a long stretch in Oregon over the holidays, getting back to being a graduate student in Athens, Ohio, is a little shocking. Suddenly my world has gotten a lot smaller (this town is tiny), and my life has gotten a lot busier. Yesterday, for example, was not only my first day of classes (acting class included), but I also did a play reading and went to my first rehearsal for Proof. I'll be playing Catherine in February in an all graduate student cast. A very talented all graduate student cast I might add. We're also working with a very enthusiastic graduate student director. I'll certainly be working to keep up with my colleagues on this one. Everyone is really passionate about the project, though. We just began last night with a read-through and some table work, but the conversations that are happening about the play are already really interesting and exciting.

No comments: