Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Revelry


For the first time last night I went to see The Christmas Revels at the Scottish Rite Center. Set this year in Scandinavia, The Christmas Revels was an enjoyable little show. I'm a friend of the set designer, Larry Larsen, who has designed the annual revels for many years, and I was rather impressed with his work. I particularly enjoyed the birch trees.
I thought the production was fun and cute with a lot of lovely music, dancing and folklore. The kids in the audience were having such a good time, though, I think this is one of those Christmas productions where you really have to have your family along to enjoy it.
My personally favorites in the show were the featured performers, the Karelian Folk Music Ensemble. Every time they took the stage I was mesmerized. I also loved all the culture and folky feeling brought to the show.

1 comment:

towwas said...

I *LOVE* KFME!! They are also really fun guys to have at a party, as you might imagine. We did the Scandinavian show at the Washington Revels in 2005 - I'm glad Portland got to enjoy it this year, and I can't wait til it's back in DC again. :)