Sunday, November 30, 2008

Capstone





I haven't written much lately because I have been busy working on my own show, my capstone role for my undergraduate work, actually. I am playing Artie in Eleemosynary (you may remember me writing about this play when Readers Theatre Repertory did it back in September). Our production will be performed at the University of Portland's Mago Hunt Performing and Fine Arts Center on Wednesday, December 3rd and Thursday, December 4th at 7:30.
I have had an outstanding time doing this play, but I have to say that it has been one of the most challenging experiences of my young acting career. The show is about three women belonging to the same family; a grandmother, her daughter, and her daughter. Playwright, Lee Blessing poetically displays the difficulties of how daughters deal with motherly pressure and unseen motherly love through this play. The audience is taken on an almost dreamlike journey with these three characters through their tribulations in learning to be extraordinary women while still remembering where they came from.
All of us who have been involved with this show have worked so hard, we'd love to see all of you there!

No comments: